Friday, July 19, 2013

You fill me up

I needed to make a card for a wonderful woman who ran a Bible study I was in. I came into the study feeling very drained and just craving some grown-up interaction. She made me feel so welcome and valued and included, and I cannot thank her enough! So, I wanted to share my heart with her and tell her how much that meant to me...and what better way than a fun card!





I was inspired by this video from Wilna to uses some matte gel medium and glitter (and I HATE loose glitter...or used to) to card some dimension to the card on the mason jar. I love how it turned out.
I also had a ton of fun using the Dear Lizzy Neopolitan 6x6 pad on this, the colors are soft, but not too soft, and just...fun. I absolutely adore the branding strips that American Crafts puts at the top of the page...I think it creates even more value for the consumer, and makes me more likely to buy more of their papers as a result. I think I've already used 1/3 of this pad! Which is good, because I won't let myself outgrow my little box I store my 6x6 pads in, and I'm dangerously close to being out of room. But they won't quit making the pretty paper, so what's a gal to do? Sigh.
I find that the seasons very much inspire my product choices. I'd love to hear about and see any projects you have made, and if the season influences what and how you create!

No comments:

Post a Comment