Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A little baby love

Wow it's been a busy year!! From last summer till now it's been a non-stop merry-go-round, literally (lots of merry!) My besty got married in June, then my husband and I celebrated our 10-year anniversary with a 2-week trip in July, then found out in August we were expecting our first little one. Fast forward to now, and we have a 3-month old. Those missing months in-between were spent sleeping, throwing up lots (yay hormones) and working-a lot. I have a completely new life, I traded in my high stress job to be a stay at home mom to my little guy, and I love my new gig. It doesn't leave a whole lot of time for crafting, but I'm learning to sneak in a few minutes here and there. I can't wait until Levi is old enough to have his own little craft table and get messy with momma while she crafts too! In the meantime, here is my very first layout featuring my most precious little boy, Levi.


I struggled with this layout, as I wanted it to be just perfect. I also wanted to create a dreamy feel-but it didn't end up that way. I'm thinking hard about how to get that dreamy feel on the next layout, I'll let my overtired brain stew on it for a while. I still really like how this came out, and totally stole the title from a card we were given to celebrate Levi's birth. It was my first try at an embellishment cluster, kinda like it! I actually used some new product on it (I usually let my product age for a while) I especially love the word "wonder", as it's how I really felt seeing and holding my son in those first few days. Those moments were filled with awe and wonder. I am also loving the currogated cardboard, it's my favorite (free!!) new supply that I want to use on everything. Add a little paint and some distress stickles and BAM-fantastic embellishment or boarder. :) With one income, I'm loving anything free/upcycled.

Well, that's all for now. Since I haven't blogged in over a year, I better start of slow, right?

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment