Thursday, June 23, 2011

One thing leads to another

Because of my Library of Memories class, I am learning Photoshop Elements. Yes, it's a cause and effect sort of relationship, but one that I'm pretty happy about. Oh, don't get me wrong, I still get a bit frustrated and need to iron out the kinks. But learning Photoshop is kind of a relief. See, I requested (and received) Photoshop 8 for Christmas a few years back, thinking it would help transform my photos. Oh, let's be honest here, I wanted to be able to make myself thinner in my photos and erase any unsightly blemishes. And while I was at it, add a tan and whiten my teeth. You know, just enhance a bit.

I expected PSE to come with an instructional booklet. Silly me. Then I thought, oh, the instructions must be part of the software? Again, wrong. Now, I don't consider myself a techno whiz by any means, but I'm fairly proficient at getting things done. But PSE is anything but easy to use, it's not intuitive, which equals a pretty large learning curve.

Fast forward a few years to Stacy Julian's Library of Memories class, and whala...I am now forced to learn PSE to set up smart folders to better organize-and more importantly-access-my treasured photos. I have found a great book-Photoshop Elements 8 Classroom in a Book-to help me. It comes with a CD so you can practice what you're learning-totally genius!! I borrowed it from my library, but think I'll purchase it so I can perform future edits to my pictures (read again: thinner, tanner, more beautiful version of me...).

I look forward to getting better at this organizing stuff so I can get back to-what else-CREATING!! I have a few more St. Kitt's layouts to show, but I need to take photos first. Oh, and I have some shoes that need gussied up too, if I get around to actually doing them I promise I'll share.

What processes have you put into place to help continue your creative mojo?

No comments:

Post a Comment