Saturday, June 4, 2011

A beautiful card for a beautiful lady

I haven't shared the Mother's Day card I made for my mother-in-law yet. Partly because it wasn't finished on time...yeah, life is super busy out of control.  Anyway, I went to a stamping show a while back, and was overwhelmed. As in mouth gaping open, wandering with a lost look type of overwhelmed. There was simply so much stuff to look at, so many vendors, so little crafty budget and storage space in comparison to all of the neat things that I'm sure I would use someday...

But, I did bring a few things home! Mainly from independent stamp companies that aren't in stores in my area, and I thought this might be a now or never chance to purchase these stamps!




I have been waiting to use this stamp on a card for my mother-in-law. She is a glamorous, beautiful woman, and this stamp just reminds me of her.  The stamp is called "Carol" from Rubbernecker stamps.

I used chalk to color in the image (no copics here, although I'm sure you could do some fabulous things with them on this stamp), and glued some feathers behind the fussy cut image. I also stitched on my card, and loved the result. *Hint-if you're going to stitch on your card/page, make sure you're not stitching through any adhesive. Your sewing machine will thank you.*

The little bead type things on the left hand side of the card are dew drops, picked up from a Rocky Mountain Memories in Estes Park. If you get the chance, it's a great store, and full of fresh new things.

I so enjoy making things for people in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment