Monday, December 13, 2010

A December birthday

Today is the birthday of someone very near and dear to my heart-my Mom Lorie. One of her gifties (aside from Sarah Palin's newest book) was a purse hanging hook, in the deliciously paired colors of chartreuse and raspberry. So, that color combo inspired her birthday card. Take a peek...

My script stamp may be one of my favorites, so versatile

LOVE the pink tulle flower (upcycled from a bridal show package)


Tissue tape-inkable AND re-sticky. Need I say more??
This card also features my most favorite new product, tissue tape. Have I mentioned yet how much I love tissue tape? I also found that huge, gorgeous sparkler (in a 4-pack) at the dollar bin at Michael's. I LOVE the dollar bin at Michael's, and stocked up on a few different varieties of these. The sparkler is a grey/platinum color, so unusual and very matchy-matchy with my color scheme.  I also took a cue from Tim Holtz's 12-days of Christmas, and hammered the heck out of my brads once they were set. I think I just fell in love with brads all over again too...(settle down honey, I said brads, not BRAD. No, I don't even know a Brad...)
That's it for me, I've got a few more things to show before the end of the year, so stay tuned!

I'd love to hear what the season is inspiring you to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment