Friday, November 12, 2010

Getting organized using a little bit of this and a little bit of that

While contemplating whether or not to purchase a ribbon organizer this week, I had a fabulous idea. Why not use a slack hanger I already had, along with office clips, bobby pins, and paper clips to make my own ribbon organizer? This way, the $ I do spend...can be spent on more fun stuff, not boring organizational stuff.




So, here's how it came out. The spools spin to allow me to take ribbon off, and I can clip it right off the roll. The rolled up ribbon will have creases in it, but I can use an iron (or flat iron?) on them to take care of that. Not bad for using all supplies I have on hand! 

I purchased my hanger years ago, but saw something quite similar at Target recently for around $5, the arms need to swing out allowing you to slide ribbon spools on.

What organizing ideas have you seen/come up with? I'd love to hear your tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment