Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sweet dreams bohemian card

I love fall, I mean I really love fall. But there's a piece of me that's just not quite ready to let go of summer yet. Maybe it's because I never made it to a baseball game, or the water park, or because I never tire of sitting on the porch enjoying the fresh, non-air-conditioned air and sweet flowers. This card is a last tribute to summer, it seems!


I had a bit of this vintage lace in my stash (from Mama Said Sew, where else?) and it went perfectly with this paper-I'm loving that rich green, it's unusual in a lace! I hand ruffled it, and it was ready to go! I also knew I wanted to use pearls, but mine were just plain...so I dyed them with ink, and they matched perfectly. The placement of the pearls in a soft sweeping arc near the sentiment was a last minute inspiration, and I love how it breaks up the lines on the card.



I experimented a bit on the inside with the scalloped photo corners, and I love that it carries on the sweetness of the card to the inside! The inside paper is lightly distressed (of course).


Fall has certainly inspired many projects around here, how about you? How does fall inspire you?

No comments:

Post a Comment