Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sew Cute

I can finally justify my button collection. Yessss. In a recent sewing class at Mama Said Sew (the coolest, funkiest sewing store in Fort Collins), I learned how to make clutches/wallets from the very talented (and patient) Katie.


I wanted to end up with something neutral that would go with a lot, so I chose a camel color felt (which is wool, and very durable I might add). Katie advised me to go with a contrasting interior, and I found the fun aqua cloth in their fat quarters suitcase, and knew “it” was the one. I fished the vintage button out of their $1 bowl by the register, added some vintage lace from my stash…and I was set.




Katie made the suggestion to add the lace on the pocket-and I love it!
I will certainly be making some more of these, I think they would make nice gifties, and they can easily be made larger if you use an additional piece of two of felt (I’m thinking cute envelope style larger clutch-yes!!). If you do the smaller size as shown here, two fat quarters ought to make two clutches…and you could switch it up and put fabric on the outside, and the felt on the inside-soooo many possibilities. A very fun, quick, inexpensive way to freshen up your fall wardrobe. I’m all over this.


I’d love to hear what fun things you’ve been making, ‘tis the season (to create!)

1 comment:

  1. So are you giving these out as Christmas gifts this year. This is right up my alley.
    Love ya.
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete