Tuesday, September 14, 2010

my own Corona commercial

So, I'm contemplating changing the way I scrap. Right now, I pick an album (or project), and scrap those photos beginning to end. The problem is, I get a little bored, and it starts to become tedious instead of fun. I think of all of the wonderful photos of more recent things and everyday life that I would LOVE to scrapbook, but can't, because I'm in the middle of xyz project. So...after this vacation album is done, I'm going to start scrapbooking in a non-chronological order. I'm sure there's a name for that, if anyone knows what it is let me know.


So, I'm one photo closer to being done with the St. Kitts album. This photo has always reminded me of the Corona commercials, with the sound of the ocean, the birds fishing, and the calmness...it was great.

I tried a few new things on this page-I used glimmer mist on the naked chipboard (a first for me, and I like it!!). I also used one of my new stamps from the stamp show (Rubbernecker Stamps), it's the torn cheesecloth stamp in the upper right hand corner. I also used my new Tim Holtz distressing tool, which I like very much but it is challenging on thin paper. I kept this page pretty simple, and if I would have done it all in one sitting it would have gone pretty quick. The sticker at the bottom of the photo is one that my husband got me years ago, when he gave me some scrapbooking goodies and a gift certificate to Treasure Box for Christmas, I have the sweetest hubby.
 
 
I am now gearing up for fall and am looking forward to some good quality creative time this weekend. I have so many ideas swirling in my head, it's time to put them to paper, so to speak. I also need to get in gear with starting some Christmas gifts, I'm making a lot of them this year!!

How about you, are you making any gifts this year? I would love to hear what you have planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment