Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wedding season

Okay, first a promise. I solemnly swear to work on my photography skills. I think you will see below that they are already improving (right?). And I have a plan in place-my Dad is an AWESOME photographer, and I plan on hitting him up for some help-with my camera (I mean, what does white balance really do anyways??), with lighting, and even photo editing. When I began taking pictures of my work, it was mostly for my reference. I mean, how can you let your little creations out into the world, never to be seen (by you) again, and not have something to remember them by? Oh, that’s just me? Yes, perhaps I get a little too attached to my work, but I find that each new thing I create becomes my new “favorite” and I can’t stop looking at it…until I create the next thing. Then the last thing is old news. Anyone else, or am I alone in this? Anyways, when I began taking photos, I never in my wildest expected to really show them to anyone, let alone have a blog where I would show them to everyone. So, now that my stuff is becoming public knowledge, well, I’ll beef up those skills a little bit.

Okay, on to the fun stuff.

Do you sometimes create things, and you're not quite sure why? I made this card for my very best friend Elizabeth months ago...then held onto it. It seemed "weddingy" to me some how, and it just didn't seem like the right time to send it.



Well, she got engaged recently to the sweetest most perfect man for her, and so I had the perfect reason to send it! I sent it along with a fun 'worst case scenario' for weddings book (this book covers EVERYTHING) wrapped in leftover tulle from my wedding, and this clipboard that I made for her!




I was oh-so tempted to create the clipboard in colors I would suggest for her wedding, but I re-thought that for a few reasons. 1) I remember my wedding when everyone was telling me what to do (I WILL NOT be that person) 2) You only get to enjoy all the bridal, girlie stuff once, so I went that route instead. The bling around the clip was a last minute decision, but I needed to dress it up somehow. I would have preferred all pink rhinestones, but you gotta work with what you have. This girl is all about lists, so a clipboard is the perfect gift for her wedding planning. And I found out that she has asked me to be her Matron of Honor-oh my gosh!! So excited, and hungry, because now I'm on a diet.

I sent this all off to her recently, and I can't wait to hear what she thinks!! If anyone has tips for how not to be an emotional (happy) mess during your best friends wedding, please send them along. I have about a year to prepare myself, and I'll take all the advice I can get!

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a comment, your wedding advice, or dieting tips...all are appreciated. :)

1 comment:

  1. Crista is the most talented and thoughtful creator in history! When I got this package of wedding goodies I shed a tear! How well she knows me, because I have my wedding clipboard in the kitchen right now with a to-do list on it! I was also reading the "Worst Case" book the other night and I actually got some really good ideas out of it (as well as a chuckle). I think the card is just TOO perfect as she sent it with wedding stuff and it perfectly fit into the "theme" of the gift - not to mention - what a beautiful card inside and out! I am blessed to have such a caring, generous, and thoughtful friend... you really hit the nail on the head with this one Crista! Thank you again SO SO MUCH!

    p.s. no diet necessary you are always gorgeous!

    EC

    ReplyDelete