Monday, August 23, 2010

Vintage finds and journals

So, I'm a sucker for buttons. Especially old buttons. And when I visit Mama Said Sew, I get myself into trouble, because she has the most amazing collection of vintage buttons (and lace, and patterns, and fabric...see a trend here?)


Look at these beauties I picked up from her booth at the French Nest Market, aren't those yellow pearls delicious? And I couldn't resist those crackle buttons. I tied my treasures up in a handkerchief, and off I went to get some hand dyed trim and vintage lace from the ladies from Escentuals, some of which I used on a project this weekend. The lace is currently parked in a cup of vanilla nut coffee (yes, intentionally). Mmmmm...


Front of the journal
close up of the front-love the gold script!
I couldn't wait to use some of that pumpkin colored trim!
Back of the journal
Inside front cover
Inside back cover
This journal is inspired by the rich, fall colors that are starting to appear everywhere (except in nature, of course). In clothing stores, catalogs, everywhere I look I see fall! Maybe it's because fall is my favorite time of year...things start to slow down a little, and I look to make my home just a little cozier for my family, and look forward to winter, of days spent snuggling inside...this is a birthday gift to my precious mother-in-law. She loves birds, and I think she'll enjoy the rich textures. She is a very gifted writer, and I have no doubt she will use this journal well!

How about you? What is your favorite season, and what projects does it inspire?

No comments:

Post a Comment