Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Traveling gifties

Have you ever had your luggage lost on a trip? Me neither, but I've come close. It seems everyone has the same black suitcase with roller wheels, and I almost saw my luggage go home with someone else-how horrible! My parents took a recent trip to Africa with an Orphan care and adoption agency Hope's Promise (www.HopesPromise.org), and I wanted their luggage to be recognizable. Believe me, it was.


I started with picking up some shimmery luggage tags from the dollar bins at Michael's, then I added some ribbon (okay, a lot of ribbon) to a key ring and added this to each luggage tag. Next, I embellished the tag it came with, decorative on one side, address label on the other (kind of like a mullet, don't you think?). The only thing I had to purchase for this project were the luggage tags themselves, for a total cost of $2. This price range is right up my alley!





Lorie's was easy, I know her taste and had so much fun girlifying her luggage tag!! Dad's was more of a challenge, especially the ribbon. But I found some in my stash that was void of flowers, glitter, and pink. In the end, I really liked his too!

I sent all of this down with a fun little card to let them know I was thinking of them, and that I would be praying for them during their trip. Just getting to Africa is exhausting enough, let alone the ministering they were doing while there-hard work, emotionally and physically exhausting, all the while building important relationships.

What special things have you made for someone, I would love to hear what has inspired you, and see pictures of your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment