Monday, August 30, 2010

Summer journal

I started this journal with the cover paper, and went from there. This pattern was so soft, so whimsical, like it was just calling out "use me, love me!" So, I did use it, building the feel of this sweet journal from this paper. In the midst of creating this project, I found out a friend hit a particularly rough patch...and the journal took on new purpose. It became (in my mind) a place for her to vent, safely, without the danger of judgment, or well-meaning advice...and so she became my inspiration for this piece.



I struggled with the right words for the sentiment, and finally decided on "dream". I think no matter what season of life we're in, we can always dream...in fact, sometimes it's all we have.

Inside-front cover

Back cover

Inside-back cover

Sometimes, my words fail me, but making something with my hands that really comes from my heart is what I can offer-it's like giving a piece of me away. My heart is heavy today because there are no easy answers, no quick mending of the heart-and I grieve for what is lost.

What projects have you made to let others know you were thinking of them? I would love to hear about them, and see what inspires you.


No comments:

Post a Comment