Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hello, thank you for landing at Kiss of Whimsy! I'm Crista, and this is the place where I'll be sharing some of my creations, inspirations, and other tidbits. More introduction in my bio, but a little background on me: I'm 30, and I'm addicted to crafting. I love all things domestic (except cleaning the house, I don't love that). I love to can (strawberry margarita jam anyone?), sew (very beginner here) on my Mother's old JC Penney machine, scrapbook (I'm way behind), and make cards, tags, and other paper creations. I am a banker by day, and so I didn't think I HAD a creative side! At my husband's urging to find a hobby (his is old hot rods and spends many an hour covered in grease in the garage), I landed on scrapbooking, and it's spread out from there as my creative senses awaken. I love to see what others have created, hear their inspiration, and enjoy the beauty of creativity all around me. I LOVE texture and vintage, and these themes frequently show up in my designs. I am still discovering my "signature style", but distressed always plays a part-I can't not ink the edges up on something!!


To begin with, I'd like to share some cards that I made for some ladies very near and dear to my heart-my Mother (step-mother, but I'm not hung up on titles), and my sweet Mother-in-law.



My Mother-in-law likes darker, richer colors, and I always choose rich colors for her because they suit her personality. I had some trouble with this huge Prima flower staying on, so I ended up gluing it with my Scotch glue, and that did the trick. Of course this wouldn't fit in an envelope when it was done, thank goodness it was hand delivered with some other goodies.


This card may be my all-time favorite (so far). My Mom loves all things European, especially Parisian. As I don't have first-hand knowledge, this is my imagination of what a hotel room in an old Parisian hotel would look like. I imagined the cream and pink paper as the wallpaper, the dark paper as maybe a book or magazine, and the richer paper as the bedspread. I also discovered the Copper embossing powder with these cards, and I LOVE it. The inside features some lace and an earring of mine that broke, and found it's way into my stash. There comes my creative side, scrounging for things in everyday life to use!


Inside of the card-don't you just love that lace?

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear from you and see your creations too! And if you have a suggestion for how to fit cards with impossibly large flowers into envelopes, I would be eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment